Welcome to my new blog!

Welcome to my new blog and very best wishes for 2009!

2008 was a wonderful year for me writing-wise and I am very excited about the opportunities that this new year will bring.

Last year was a double celebration for me work-wise: It was Harlequin Mills & Boon's centenary and I wrote a special Edwardian set historical for the occasion, The Last Rake in London. Last Rake was also my 25th book in 10 years. (Mind you, it took me 12 years to get published in the first place!)

Unmasked, my third Regency single title historical for HQN books was published in the US. It was so exciting to learn that Unmasked had been chosen to launch Harlequin's Enriched Editons, a new interactive e-book programme. Seeing the book cover on a billboard in Times Square was a career highlight! I also had a video made for Unmasked by the wonderful people at Book Candy Studios, which was intriguing and very sexy!

I spoke at the Oxford Literary Festival in the distinguished company of Daisy Goodwin, Matt Dunn and Katie Fforde, on the subject of literary heroes and heroines of the last 100 years. I was also invited to be Wiltshire Writer in Residence for the National Year of Reading - a huge honour - and I enjoyed planning and running creative writing workshops and talking to the local brownies about the joys of reading and writing!


Hearing from friends and readers all over the world has always been one of the greatest pleasures of being a writer for me, and taken together with all these wonderful events and the great reviews for my books, it has made 2008 a writing year to remember and cherish. Thank you for making my year!

Comments

Jan Jones said…
And welcome to your very own blog, Nicola!
Nicola Cornick said…
Thanks, Jan! It's in it's early stages but I am looking forward to it!
Michelle Styles said…
AH ha. I have found your blog! Hooray for having your very own blog. I am looking forward to reading it.
Nicola Cornick said…
Thanks, Michelle! Having enjoyed yours and Jan's in the past, and may more, I thought I'd take the plunge!

Popular posts from this blog

Sexiest Man in Period Costume Awards!

The Books of Your Childhood.

Farewell to the rugged look!