A new home for my blog!

This Blogger blog is no longer updated...

My blog has a new home on my new website!

Note: if you comment from this point forward on this blogger blog, I will likely not see it. All these posts are on my website now, so please comment there. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Assorted!

Here's a quick round up of news on a wet day in Oxfordshire!

First up, thank you to everyone who entered yesterday's blog contest to win a copy of Whisper of Scandal and the beautiful bookmark kindly donated by Mary Gramlich. The winner, chosen as ever by Monty the dog, was Zaziah! Congratulations!

Next book news, and the lovely Renee Olsthoorn has let me know that Confessions of a Duchess has just been published in Dutch and the other Brides of Fortune books are to follow. Thank you, Renee! It's always great to hear about foreign editions because I usually don't know until my copies arrive.

Today it is pouring with rain but at the weekend it was beautiful weather and I had the pleasure of a visit from romantic comedy author and fellow history enthusiast Victoria Connelly. Here is Victoria and her adorable dog Molly at my all time favourite historic house, Ashdown (of course!) No, I wasn't holding the camera at an angle - the house really is built on a slope!

Today is my last blog post for a couple of weeks whilst A Passion for History migrates to my exciting new website. Please come and join me there (http://www.nicolacornick.co.uk/) when I launch the week of 23rd August! There will be the usual mix of history, news, contests and chat and I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. I'd like to thank all my blog visitors very much for making the Passion for History Blog such fun. See you soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...

The pic made me hungry for my favorite licorice!

Nicola Cornick said...

I did a blog about licorice a few months ago, Cheryl, and I was amazed at how many people loved it!